Thursday, December 6, 2007

Wanna be ballerina!!

I just wanted to share with y'all my new passion as of Tuesday! It's official....I'm a wanna be ballerina! You think I'm joking, but SERIOUSLY...I played this week with the orchestra for the Nutcracker and the dancers that came were AMAZING! Supposedly they are the best company in the West, and they were soooooo good! In fact, they were so good that I would peek up from the orchestra pit and try to watch them and because I had turned into a wanna be ballerina I would get lost in watching them and even missed my solo once (quite embarassing, but luckily it wasn't a night performance, we were playing for the schools)....ANYWHOO...I really really want to take ballet and I've come home every night from the performance trying to dance and spin in my living room and I really think I could do it with a lot and a lot and a lot of lessons! How many ballerinas do you know that begin their career at the ripe old age of 29?!? Any takers? Anyone want to rise to the top of the ballet world with me?! Come on, you know you want to!!!!

7 comments:

♥ Natalie said...

AWESOME!! I'm so happy for you that you were able to take part in the symphony for the Nutcracker. You would make an excellent ballerina!! Seriously, take some lessons - they offer adult classes all over the place (parks and rec. to studios)... DO IT!

Also, I saw that you tried to call a few times the other day; so sorry I didn't get to the phone... I am sooo sick with the flu, sinus infection, and bronchitis, so I was resting. I'll call you this weekend, hopefully, when I get my voice back! HA!

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh Laura...that is hilarious...I think that I will have to pass for myself...but you go girl.

Jen said...

I can't wait to see you perform! You will be brilliant! You go dancer!

Anonymous said...

Laura Campbell... do you want to be my friend? I found your blog while I was out blog hopping. Ours is private but if you want to see it send me an email so I can send you an invite (jsaac4@yahoo.com). Your kids are so cute! Shalyce (Fish) Cluff

Mike Steph Brooklyn and Carter said...

Laura you crack me up. How come I never knew about your secret love for ballet? I am sorry I have to say I can't join you because I have 2 left feet and couldn't dance if my life depended on it. But I will come support you and watch you when you are in the Nutcracker!

Jennifer said...

Okay, Laura Campbell. I used to babysit you. My sister Piper Townsend posted some links of people we (Townsends) might know on our family blog and I was checking them out. (This is Jennifer Townsend). In any case, I had to respond to your post about being a ballerina. Ballet is my passion (hobby) and I take classes six times a week for about an hour and a half each class. I started as an adult and am almost at the company level. It's a lot of HARD work, but it is so much fun. What you want to do is find an adult class where the teacher gives corrections. If you go to a class where the teacher doesn't give corrections then you'll never get any better. In any case, I think ballet is the funnest form of exercise and I really hope you take classes. It's awesome!

Tiffany said...

Oh yeah! I would love to be a ballerina with you! Lets do it! I love you :)